We are seeking a dynamic, energetic, and technically savvy product expert for a high visibility role supporting two of Autodesk’s most exciting products – 3ds Max Design and Showcase. This individual will engage with Worldwide Marketing, Sales and Channel partners to develop comprehensive datasets, demo content, and stunning visuals for 3ds Max Design and Showcase, broadly evangelize these products within the Autodesk design community, spanning multiple AEC and MFG vertical markets and Suites, and provide technical consultation to other Autodesk and Channel experts.
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world. Autodesk accelerates better design through an unparalleled depth of experience and a broad portfolio of software to give customers the power to solve their design, business, and environmental challenges. In addition to designers, architects, engineers, and media and entertainment professionals, Autodesk helps students, educators, and casual creators unlock their creative ideas through user-friendly applications.
Job title and number: Technical Marketing Specialist – 3ds Max Design and Showcase, #12WD10095
Marketing content creation
- Develop datasets for marketing collateral and product demos
- Create content for marketing collateral, including screenshots and feature videos
- Create product demoscripts and high-value product demo videos
- Create technical whitepapers, as required
Marketing and sales support
- Support training programs and assist with reviewing technical content for courseware materials, when required
- Support and assist Autodesk and Channel experts, when required
- Occasionally, prepare and conduct industry, customer, or event-specific demos
Evangelism and Social Media Marketing
- Create tips + tricks videos for social media
- Launch blog or create guest blog posts
- Contribute regularly to social media sites
- Conduct classes at AU
- Works closely with customers and key stakeholders including Worldwide Marketing, Sales and Channel Partner organizations as well as Product, Marketing and Industry Managers.
- Selected candidate may be asked to spend up to 10% of their time traveling globally to support Marketing, Sales and Channel programs.
- B.A. or B.S. in Industrial Design, Architecture, Engineering Design, Marketing or equivalent professional experience.
- Expert technical knowledge of 3ds Max Design and Showcase. Production experience is required.
- Deep understanding of design and interoperability workflows; strong knowledge of, and production experience with, AutoCAD, Revit, Inventor, and Civil3D, is an asset.
- Knowledge of best practices for creating technical marketing content and leveraging social media for marketing.
- Able to describe and teach others to communicate 3ds Max Design and Showcase workflows and techniques.
- Knowledge of demo creation tools (such as Camtaisa) and editing software (such as Final Cut Pro or other).
- Strong design sensibility with a background in architectural design or design visualization is preferred.
- Able to establish and maintain productive working relationships within and outside of their own area.
- Strong influencing skills and experience establishing credibility with internal teams, channel partners, and customers.
- Exceptional organizational, leadership, decision-making, interpersonal, time-management and communication skills.
- Strong technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design, and implementation.
- Aware of sales and business issues as they impact product development and life cycles.
- 8 years in related Software Marketing or Industry production experience.
Autodesk was named one of Canada’s Great Places to Work® in 2011.
Primary Location: Americas-Canada-Quebec-Montréal